That's a wrap...close the curtain. The best TV show ever made (at least in my humble opinion) had its last episode this week...and it's the end of an era. In honor of this we look back at the last 8 years and reminisce. Remember "The Red Wedding"? "The Battle of the Bastards"? "The Viper vs The Mountain"? "Hold the Door"? The first time Daenerys screamed "Dracarys"? I could go on and on. We, at Conmose Central, love to write about movie and series quotes, so we thought it might be fun to look back at some of the most iconic quotes of the last 8 seasons! Of course we can not put all of them in one article, so let's make it a series. Today: the best quotes of Tyrion Lannister!
Of course...this walking quote machine deserves to be first. It's so hard to make a selection, so these are SOME of the best quotes of the man himself...
- “What unites people? Armies? Gold? Flags? Stories. There's nothing more powerful in the world than a good story. Nothing can stop it. No enemy can defeat it. And who has a better story than Bran the Broken?... Who’s better to lead us into the future?"
- “It’s not easy being drunk all the time. Everyone would do it if it were easy.”
- Well, my brother has his sword, and I have my mind, and a mind needs books like a sword needs a whetstone.
- “It’s hard to put a leash on a dog once you’ve put a crown on its head.”
- “Everywhere she goes, evil men die and we cheer her for it. And she grows more sure that she is good and right.”
- “That’s what I do: I drink and I know things.”
- "I'm not threatening the king, Ser. I'm educating my nephew. The next time Ser Meryn speaks, kill him. That was a threat. See the difference?"
- "l will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy, and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid."
- "Never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you."
- “My father was an evil man, my sister was an evil woman. Pile up the bodies of all the people they’ve ever killed, and it still won’t be half as many as what our beautiful queen slaughtered in a single day!”
- "I have a tender spot in my heart for cripples, bastards and broken things."
- “If it weren't for you, I never would have survived my childhood.
You were the only one who didn’t treat me like a monster.
You were all I had.”
- “Love is more powerful than reason. We all know that.”
- Far too much has been written about great men and not nearly enough about morons. Doesn’t seem right.
- “A ruler who kills those devoted to her is not a ruler who inspires devotion.”
- "I wish I was the monster you think I am."
- "Death is so final, whereas life, ahh, life is full of possibilities.
- "A Lannister always pays his debts"
- "I'm not questioning your honor; I'm denying its excistence"
- "All dwarfs are bastards in their father's eyes..."
- "Oh, monster? Perhaps you should speak to me more softly then. Monsters are dangerous and just now Kings are dying like flies."
- “You look a lot better brooding than I do.
You make me feel I’m failing at brooding over failing.”
- "Sons of kings can be cruel and stupid, as you well know..."
- "I know you love her. I love her too.
Not as successfully as you, but I believed in her with all my heart"
- "I just want to stand on the edge and piss of the end of the world"
- "Should I explain to you the meaning of a closed door in a whorehouse, brother?"
- "Everything's better with some wine in the belly"