I turned 30 today! So it's about time to look at some useful lessons learned. Today I share with you: 30 lessons in taglines and quotes!
Share your lessons in the comments!
1. Sometimes You have to reach into someone else's world to find out what's missing in your own.
This is the tagline of the movie the Intouchables. Yes, that movie with Omar Sy and François Cluzet! I love this tagline. And it's so true. It's such a good thing to look at someone else's world and learn. And discover new things. Don't stay stuck in everything you already know, but go out and explore!
2. "In every moment a choice exists. We can cling to the past or embrace the inevitability of change and allow a brighter future to unfold before us. Such an uncertain future may call for even more uncertain allies. Either way, a new day is coming whether we like it or not. The question is will you control it, or will it control you?"
This is a quote from The Originals. I love the Originals. And everything that Klaus says, makes an awesome quote. He's the best. I chose this quote because it's so true. Change will always happen. Whether we like it or not. And I agree, the question is: Will you take control? Or will we keep obsessing about the change? It's our own choice.
3. Guilt can be a killer.
This is Dexter's tagline! Haha I love this one. What I'm trying to say: Enjoy life! Don't feel guilty about everything. Make your choices and don't look back.
4. Long is the way, and hard, that out of hell leads up to light.
It is. And this is the tagline of Se7en. Times get rough. And it's sometimes it feels like your far away from the light. And the path might be long and hard. I've seen that. But: the path leads to better times! (I know, there are exceptions.Not everything solves itself. What I'm trying to say: Often you can get out of that terrible period! Keep hope. And keep fighting)
5. "There's an old saying - that which doesn't kill you makes you stronger, I don't believe that. I think the things that try to kill you make you angry and sad. Strength comes from the good things, your family, your friends, the satisfaction of hard work. Those are the things that will keep you whole, those are the things to hold onto when you're broken."
This is a quote from Sons of Anarchy. Said by the character Jax Teller. I thought this one would be a good follow up to number 4. Saying: I agree with the quote. Some pain is useless. Yes, it shows you what you can handle. But should we really know what we can handle. It would be better if it wasn't necessary. Strength comes from the good things!
6. To achieve the incredible you have to attempt the impossible.
Well, a more positive one this time :). This is the tagline of the movie A League of Their Own. (Love that movie!). Just do it! Attempt the impossible. The incredible is great :)!
7. You'll never get out alive
Haha I thought this is just a funny one! It's the tagline of House of 1000 Corpses. But true. Whatever we do, we're don't have eternal life. We won't get out alive.. Just make the best of this life!
8. "Never do what's expected. It keeps life interesting"
This says it all! No explanation needed. It's a quote from Once Upon A Time by the way!
9. Her courage will change the world
The tagline of Xena. Xena is such an awesome TV series. I love it. And yes, keep in mind. Be courageous. You can change the world!!
10. Life is the most spectacular show on earth
It is! And make it a spectacular show! Just like this tag of Water for Elephants is saying. Enjoy the show.
11. Magic is coming
Definitely! Bring the magic in your life. This is the tagline of Once Upon A Time. And I couldn't agree more!
12. "Not everybody has to be happy all the time. That's not mental health. That's crap."
An important quote from Grey's Anatomy! This is so true. No matter how fun everyone's life looks on social media, on blogs or vlogs. No one is happy all the time!
13. "If I tell you who I really am and you refuse to believe me then I can hardly be blamed for your disappointment."
Another one of Klaus' quotes from the Originals. You are who you are. And if you don't pretend to be anything else: You're not to blame if people are disappointed by that.
14. Your mind is the scene of the crime
The tagline of Inception. I love this one. Most of our struggles are in our head. Not even in real life. Don't worry too much. Your mind is the scene of the crime!
15. If he's crazy, what does that make you?
One of my favorite movies: One flew over the Cuckoo's nest! Yeah. let's just ook at ourselves. And let other people be. Think abou who you want to be.
16. "What are your choices when someone puts a gun to your head?
What are you talking about? You do what they say or they shoot you.
WRONG. You take the gun, or you pull out a bigger one. Or, you call their bluff. Or, you do any one of a hundred and forty six other things."
The choice is up to YOU! Find a way to mak your own path. (Quote from Suits)
17. "Knowing is better than wondering, Waking is better than sleeping and that even the biggest failure, even the worst most intractable mistakes beats the hell out of never trying."
Another lovely quote from Grey's Anatomy! Alway try. Keep dreaming, fighting, trying.
18. Rules are made to be broken
This is the tagline of the Transporter and it really says it all!
19. Keep the dream alive
Act like the tagline of the Tribe: Keep your dreams! Keep on dreaming and hoping.
20. "A life, you know what that is? It's the shit that happens while you're waiting for moments that never come."
A lovely quote from one of the best series ever: The Wire! So: Don't wait! Go for it!
21. Our memories makes us who we are. You can't change the past.
Here's the tagline of the Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless mind. A great movie about memories and forgetting. But it's true: You can't change the past. Learn from it. And treasure the best memories!
22. "Go right ahead. Laugh at the girl who loved too easily. But I would rather have lived my life than yours. No one will ever sit around a table telling stories about a man who couldn’t love."
Another quote from the Originals. This time, said by Rebekah. Saying: It's not wrong to take risks. And to believe in love. It's better than not trying!
23. "People are gonna tell you who you are your whole life. You just gotta punch back and say, "No, this is who I am". You want people to look at you differently? Make them! You want to change things, you're gonna have to go out there and change them yourself, because there are no fairy godmothers in this world."
Another Once Upon A Time quote! Decide for yourself who you are.
24. "There is a time to fight and there is a time to be clever."
This one is from Narcos! And I agree. Decide if you need to fight or be clever ;). You'll learn to know.
25. "There comes a point where it all becomes too much. When we get too tired to fight anymore. So we give up. That’s when the real work begins."
Grey's Anatomy. What else ;)? Just remember: You're not the only one who has been there or will be there. You're not alone. And there the real work begins.
26. When it's real. When it's right. Don't let anything stand in your way.
Time for another tagline! This is the one from Crazy/ Beautiful. No excuses. When it's riht. When it's what you really want: Go for it!
27. "People aren't dolls, you can't just play with them and put them back in the box when you're done."
Pretty Little Liars! Well, just saying: Care about people. Make friends. Stay friends.
28. "Do, or do not. There is no “try”."
You know where this is from right? Yeah, Yoda (Star Wars)! Don't "try". Just go for it!
29. Life is shorter than you think.
The Hills Have Eyes tagline. Life is shorter than you think. But I don't mean that in the creepy way the movie does ;).
What I mean is: Enjoy. And don't let life pass you by!
30. "We are who we choose to be."
Spiderman! And yes, we do. No matter what your age is!