This article is about movie taglines. These are the short texts you’ll find on movie posters, you know the ones that will get stuck in your memory. Usually when I read a tagline, for some reason I hear the voice of Don Lafontaine (the king of movie trailer voice overs). They can be funny, dramatic, weird or sometimes just very cool! So in this article we will bring homage to the movie tagline. Maybe we can even do a little Quiz? I’ll put down some of my favorite taglines in random order and maybe you can try to guess the movie…Let’s go!
Guess the Movie!
1. “Be afraid, be very afraid.”
2. “One man’s struggle to take it easy”
3. “An adventure 65 million years in the making...”
4. “If Nancy doesn’t wake up screaming, she won’t wake up at all.”
5. “The first casualty of war is innocence.”
6. “If at first you don’t succeed, lower your standards.”
7. “Fear can hold you prisoner, hope can set you free”
8. “He’s having the worst day of his life…over and over.”
9. “It all ends here.”
10. “A motion picture destined to offend nearly two thirds of the civilized world. And severely annoy the other third.”
11. “What happens when make-believe, believes it’s real?”
12. “In Vietnam the wind doesn’t blow, it sucks”
13. “On every street in every city of this country, there is a nobody who dreams of being a somebody”
14. “The man with the hat is back. And this time, he's bringing his Dad.”
15. “Love never dies”
16. "One night is all that stands between them and freedom. But it's going to be a hell of a night.”
17. “Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water...”
18. "Who will survive and what will be left of them?"
19. "In space no one can hear you scream."
20. "Whoever saves one life, saves the world entire."
Are you ready for some answers? Well here they are!
1. The Fly
2. Ferris Bueller’s Day Off
3. Jurassic Park
4. A Nightmare on Elm Street
6. Tommy Boy
7. The Shawshank Redemption
8. Groundhog Day
9. Harry Potter and the Deadly Hallows – Part 2
10. Life of Brian
11. Pan’s Labyrinth
12. Full Metal Jacket
13. Taxi Driver
14. Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade
15. Bram Stoker’s Dracula
16. From Dusk ‘till dawn
17. Jaws II
18. The Texas Chainsaw Massacre
20. Schindler’s List
So tell us how many did you get right? Of course there are a lot more great taglines to choose from, so we will do some other articles about them in the future. What is your favourite Movie Tagline and would you like to see more articles about them in the future? Please let us know in the comments below.
Write a comment
Chardybaldyosa (Sunday, 09 October 2016 22:38)
Found myself really enjoying this quiz! Haha i guess I really am a movie buff. Very interactive and fun!
Christina Foster (Monday, 10 October 2016 20:28)
Wow! I love watching movies so I thought I would do way better at this quiz! I only got 1.5 right! (I'm giving myself 0.5 for Jaws II because I DID know it was a Jaws film, I just wasn't sure which one!). And of course I got Ground Hog Day because... I mean.... Bill Murray. I heart him. Thanks for the great quiz, I want more!
blair villanueva (Tuesday, 11 October 2016 11:29)
LOL I am so ashamed of myself coz I got ZERO! I should watch these movies!
Sam (@followyouroad) (Tuesday, 11 October 2016 17:11)
I suck! I didn't even get one! But it's so great that you can even remember these famous lines! I can do the same for books, however. But I'm really not a movie person that's why I couldn't figure it out. More quizzes to go!
Laveena Sengar (Tuesday, 11 October 2016 17:40)
This was a fun read. I enjoyed every bit. Although, I expected to answer well as I am so much into all these kind of stuff. Il have to try keeps up now. Haha
Me-An Clemente (Tuesday, 11 October 2016 21:41)
OMG! I re-read all the taglines repeatedly and tried really hard in figuring even at least one. I didn't get anything right. Maybe it's not my movie genre or I'm just not good at remembering taglines. What I never forget though is "May the Force be with You." I'm 100% sure you know from what movie that's taken. Anyway, interesting post.
Sarah from Lavender Life (Tuesday, 11 October 2016 23:53)
This was so much fun! Tried guessing them but I failed so badly
Dominic (Wednesday, 12 October 2016 08:30)
Amazing!!!! I got 1 (O-N-E) . Honestly, I'm very bad with movie quotes. I might be able to guess more if they were from cheezy romantic movies. Luckily though, I was able to guess JAWS and I think I wouldn't forgive myself if I failed that :P
Nikkita (Wednesday, 12 October 2016 11:14)
I must admit, I got only one right! #7! But this makes me want to go and read it all!
Gryselle Mae Co (Wednesday, 12 October 2016 18:27)
I was able to guess almost half of it! And I didn't cheat~ Haha. I had fun doing this quiz. Lmao. ;)