At Arccon 2016, we met Violett Beane! Let us tell you more about our experience! For those of you who don't know who we are talking about. Violett Beane is 20 year old American actress. She played the role of Taylor in "The Leftovers". You can also see her in the 2015 movie "Flay" and the 2016 movie "Slash". But Violett is known for playing Jesse in The Flash. Jesse is the daughter of Harrison Wells from Earth 2. She's been on Earth 1 as well: She was taken to Earth 1 by Barry along with her father. But she didn't want to leave the life she had on Earth 2 behind her. At first I did not like Jesse, she was constantly whining about everything and screwing things up. But her character grew on my "Quick" and now I like the “rebel” in Jesse. She grew out to be a character I’m really looking forward to seeing her evolve in the next season of the show. After being hit by a wave of energy from the particle accelerator, there have been hints that Jesse becomes a speedster too.
She was announced quite last minute as a guest for Arccon. I was very happy with the announcement. I think her character in the Flash is very nice and I was excited to meet her. I immediately knew I wanted to get her autograph. As I said I really grew to like Jesse in “The Flash”, so I was looking forward to meeting the girl behind Jesse. I wasn’t sure whether I should get an autograph or a photo op however. Eventually I decided I wanted an autograph too.
Q&A Violett Beane
During her Q&A we learned it was Violett's first convention! I was happy she came to Arccon for her first convention. Her Q&A she was great. I couldn't tell it was her first time. Even though she mentioned she was a bit nervous. So, since most of you won't have ever met her before on a convention (unless you also attended Arccon), let us share our thoughts with you!
Let's start with her Q&A's.She was very spontaneous and they were a lot fun to attend. She answered all the questions and was very kind, open and active. She did everything that people asked her: Sing, dance, challenges: anything.. Nothing was too much. She even danced with the entire public: Coming off the stage and dancing with everyone (watch the video below). That was great! I hope we'll see way more of her in the Flash and she was very enthusiastic about playing in the Flash. So her are a few fun facts we learned from Violett's Q&A's:
- Violett seems to be a little bit rebellious in real life, she told some great stories about strange cakes and things like that.
- Her absolute favourite tv show is: "Orphan Black" (she even watched it in her hotel before attending the convention). She also loves "Game of Thrones" and "Masters of None".
- Her favourite family in "Game of Thrones" is the Stark family. But her favourite character is Daenerys Targaryen and because her spirit animal is a dragon she also likes the Targaryens.
- The writers of "The Flash only write a few episodes.ahead of shooting.
- Violett is big fan of Drake and she would love to see Jesse as a famous and succesfull rapstar on another Earth. "You know like Drake would open for her, that kinda thing". She also said we should tweet that idea to the writers.
- She is a big fan of Tatiana Maslani ( she plays Sarah Manning in "Orphan Black").
- She thinks Grant Gustin ( Barry) is the fastest runner of all of the actors, but she thinks Jesse can beat Barry in the show.
- She just got a hammock for her birthday and she thinks this is her favourute birthday gift.
- She doesn't think of herself as a celebrity, but she wants to stress the pint that celebrities are also just people. She thinks : what you do with your celebrity status is what's really important. You have to speak up for things that matter, so you can make a change.
- She thinks people who are happy and want other people to be happy are the real life heroes. Whether that is your mom, or your friends.She thinks cops are heroes too in a way. As for villains: people that do bad things.
- In her spare time she likes to stare at and pet her bunny rabbit, because he is really cute..
- Her "special" brownies are always very strong and make her friends do crazy things.
- She is a collected drunk, but she is a crazy dancer when she is drunk.
- She got arrested once, during a random search.
- Quick choices: Singing or dancing? Dancing. Tattoo or piercing? Tats
- Favourite quote: "Love is a fart, if you have to force it, it's probably shit".
Autograph and photo op
On the second day, we could go for the autograph.We were very happy to do so and got in line. Violett was very accessible. Of course I was nervous, but she was very kind. I started to talk to her (I'm so proud of myself for doing that haha). And asked her about her first convention and told her she did great in the Flash. I also said I hoped she would attend way more conventions. Violett took the time too talk. She listened and answered enthusiastically. Being very thankful to all the fans that approached her. I felt she was easy to talk to, a very nice person. I hope more conventions will invite her, she's so much fun! So if you're a big fan and hope to meet her: Don't worry if you get the chance at a convention. She's very approachable and kind. Just go and say hi, get an autograph, photo op or visit the Q&A. You'll see that it's a lot fun!
Again I couldn't agree more. She was very accesible and she made me feel at ease. When I asked her if she would be back next season, she answered: "Of course". That made me really happy. I loved Violett at ArcCon and for it to be her first convention ever she did a pretty good job! All I can say is she gained a new fan in me. If you ever have the chance to go and meet her don't hesitate and take this chance. All that's left to say is:
"Violett you rock!!"